Join two of the West Coast’s most esteemed, powerhouse yogis, Dana Damara and Mark Morford, for a spectacular weeklong retreat in Ulawatu, Bali, full of sacred ritual, potent yoga and deep spiritual nourishment. Mark and Dana will bring all their wisdom and alchemical skills to bear as we spend a week steeped in Bali’s unrivaled natural beauty and spiritual richness at the island’s southernmost coastal tip, Ulawatu, a region knowns for its spectacular temples and ocean vistas.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meditate, practice, study, explore, connect, play and most importantly, rest and realign. Students on the teacher training track will earn 50 training hours as continuing education credits.
All levels welcome! Mark and Dana teach a vigorous, athletic, deeply aligned style of Vinyasa yoga; while a reasonable level of fitness and basic yoga experience is assumed, this retreat is designed for all levels of yoga practitioners (absolute beginners, check with us first). We invite you to join us on the path. It’s going to be astounding.
- Mark and Dana will offer daily asana classes and meditation sessions, morning and evening (alternating teachers), along with numerous yogic tools and techniques: Yoga Nidra, The Sacred Gaze (Mark), Moon rituals (Dana), the power of mantra, and much more
- Aspects around this New Moon Aries and how to use the energy to your advantage (Dana)
- Sacred prostration practice to acknowledge all teachers and ancestors (Mark)
- Hindu deities at the heart of the yogic tradition through storytelling and ritual (both)
- Postural mini-clinics for realignment in your own body/practice
- Pranayama (breathwork) for optimal health and longevity
- Hands-on assisting and verbal cueing for all body types
- Optional excursions: Balinese Water Temple, Kecak fire dance, Gamelan concerts, traditional dance performances (time/interest depending, small extra cost)
- Transportation to/from the airport
- Two yoga classes per day with Mark or Dana
- Three delicious meals per day
- Sacred circle and ritual with your tribe
- Pool time, exploration time, quiet time
- Opening & closing circles